Publishing Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The International Journal of Engineering and Management Research (IJEMR) is a Bi-monthly, open access, peer reviewed international journal which Calls for Unique, Unpublished research papers in various subjects of Engineering and Management subjects. IJEMR is known for the publication of unique and authentic research articles which truly considers the copyright guidelines and to protect the rights of our authors. The research papers are written by scholars after in-depth study and wish to protect the rights of use. Our dedicated team of scientists and academicians help and improve research work with cutting edge forefront innovations by avoiding plagiarism. Most of the authors represent some institutions or are guides to budding scholars and their original research work will be the base for further studies. Infringing the content of knowledge or work of other scholars will be harm to the community of education. All submitted research articles are assessed by our Review board and Editorial board members utilizing twofold dazzle associate evaluation process so as to avoid plagiarism. IJEMR set quality standards for the acceptance of appropriate and most effective research articles. It expects from authors that they will check their compositions for written falsification test and determine they are submitting just extraordinary content for publication.
Open access is an ongoing publication practice which differs in the way traditional methods of publishing papers to the public get submitted, reviewed, authenticated and finally published. In Open Access publication model neither readers nor a reader’s institution are charged for access to articles or other resources. Users are free to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles for any non-commercial purpose without requiring a subscription to the journal in which these articles are published. IJEMR ethics are based on COPE
IJEMR takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. IJEMR committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful to editors.
IJEMR is a Bi-monthly journal. This journal is published 6 times per year.
Publication Ethics for Journal Editors
- Editors should be accountable for everything published in their journal: this includes having measures in place to assess the quality of the material they accept for the journal and a willingness to publish corrections and clarifications when required.
- Editors should act in a fair and balanced way when carrying out their duties, without discrimination on grounds of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or religious or political beliefs.
- Editors should provide guidance to authors and reviewers on everything that is expected of them.
- Editors should make decisions on which articles to publish based on quality and suitability for the journal and without interference from the journal owner/publisher.
- A description of peer review processes should be published, and editors should be ready to justify any important deviation from the described processes.
- Editors should handle submissions in a fair, unbiased and timely manner and treat all manuscripts as confidential, for distribution to others for purposes of peer-review only.
- Editors should have systems to ensure that peer reviewers’ identities are protected unless they use an open review system that is declared to authors and reviewers.
- Journals should have policies and systems in place to ensure that commercial considerations do not affect editorial decisions, and editors should handle submissions for funded issues in the same way as for standard issues, so that articles are accepted entirely on their academic merit and without commercial influence.
- Editors should be guided by COPE flowcharts in cases of suspected misconduct (including plagiarism) or disputed authorship.
- Journals should have a declared mechanism for authors to appeal against editorial decisions.
- Editors should provide new editorial board members with guidelines on everything that is expected of them and should keep existing members updated on new policies and developments.
Conflicts of Interest
- Editors should have systems for managing their own conflicts of interest as well as those of their staff, authors, reviewers and editorial board members.
Publication Ethics for Journal Authors
- Authors should declare that all work in their submitted piece is original, and cite content from other sources appropriately to avoid plagiarism.
- Authors must ensure their contribution does not contain any libellous matter or infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party.
- The listing of authors should accurately reflect who carried out the research and wrote the article, and the order of authorship should be jointly determined by all of the co-authors.
- Every author will be held responsible for the performance and fulfillment with the policy to avoid malpractices and breach of ethical standards of publication.
- Authors should ensure that their manuscript as submitted is not under consideration (or accepted for publication) elsewhere. Where sections of the manuscript overlap with published or submitted content, this should be acknowledged and cited.
- Authors should obtain permission to reproduce any content from third-party sources (text and images). Unfortunately, IJEMR is unable to publish third-party content for which permission has not been obtained (excluding content covered by fair dealing).
- The source of funding for a research project should be listed on all funded research papers. Other sources of support (including funding for Open Access article processing charges) should also be clearly identified in the manuscript, typically in an acknowledgement.
- International Journal of Engineering and Management Research (IJEMR) follow transparent and peer- review process for publications. Authors must agree to participate in the peer-review process.
- Authors have the right to appeal editorial decisions.
Publication Ethics for Journal Article Reviewers
- Reviewers should assist in improving the quality of a submitted article by reviewing the manuscript with care, consideration and objectivity, in a timely manner.
- Reviewers should inform the journal editor of any published or submitted content that is similar to the material under review, or any suspected plagiarism.
- Reviewers should declare any potential conflicts of interest relating to a specific article or author.
- Reviewers should respect the confidentiality of any information or material supplied during the review process.
Publication Ethics for Publisher
- In cases of alleged or proven scientific misconduct, fraudulent publication or plagiarism, the publisher, in close collaboration with the editors, will take all appropriate measures to clarify the situation and to amend the article in question. This includes the prompt publication of an erratum, clarification or, in the most severe case, the retraction of the affected work. The publisher, together with the editors, shall take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- The publisher is committed to the permanent availability and preservation of scholarly research and ensures accessibility by partnering with organizations and maintaining our own digital archive.
With Warm Regards,
International Journal of Engineering and Management Research (IJEMR)