Digital Preservation Policy
Digital preservation can be seen as the set of processes and activities that ensure information which now exists in digital formats is backed up and distributed to guarantee continued access for the long term. The digital content of the journal is extremely valuable and measures are in place to ensure both its current accessibility and long-term preservation. The preservation policy includes the following measures:
All of our electronic content (website, manuscripts, etc.) is stored on three different sources. Content on one server is online and accessible to the readers. The copy of the same content is kept as a backup on two other sources. In case of failure of one server, any one of the other sources can be made online and website expected to be accessible within less than 24-36 hours.
Our journal’s Abstracting/Indexing services store many essential information about the articles. Additionally, two of our journal’s Abstracting/Indexing services archive not only the metadata about the article, but the electronic versions of the articles, as well. Therefore, copies of the articles are available to the scientific community through their systems as an alternative to the journals own.
Authors may archive the final published version of their articles in personal or institutional repositories immediately after publication.
Metadata and Full-Text XML Harvesting
The OAI-PMH (Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting) is a low-barrier mechanism for repository interoperability used to harvest (or collect) the metadata descriptions and in our case also the full-text articles. Vandana Publications fully supports the OAI Metadata Harvesting Protocol 2.0. Metadata for all published articles is available in the Dublin Core format (oai-dc).
- IJEMR journal as OAI2 data provider: http://www.openarchives.org/Register/BrowseSites
- To retrieve the set structure: https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=ListSets
- To retrieve the available metadata and full-text formats: https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=ListMetadataFormats
- To retrieve records: https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=ListIdentifiers&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
- To retrieve an individual metadata record (e.g. 479): https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:ojs2.www.ijemr.net:article/479 for oai-dc