Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)
The essence of the open archives approach is to enable access to Web-accessible material through interoperable repositories for metadata sharing, publishing and archiving. It arose out of the e-print community, where a growing need for a low-barrier interoperability solution to access across fairly heterogeneous repositories lead to the establishment of the Open Archives Initiative (OAI).
The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) is a low-barrier mechanism for repository interoperability. Data Providers are repositories that expose structured metadata via OAI-PMH. Service Providers then make OAI-PMH service requests to harvest that metadata. OAI-PMH is a set of six verbs or services that are invoked within HTTP.
- IJEMR journal as OAI2 data provider: http://www.openarchives.org/Register/BrowseSites
- To retrieve the set structure: https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=ListSets
- To retrieve the available metadata and full-text formats: https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=ListMetadataFormats
- To retrieve records: https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=ListIdentifiers&metadataPrefix=oai_dc
- To retrieve an individual metadata record (e.g. 479): https://www.ijemr.net/ojs/index.php/ojs/oai?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:ojs2.www.ijemr.net:article/479 for oai-dc